Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wind in White Birch - Issue # 24

Hello all! My name is V.L. Locey.  I am a self-published and traditionally published author that lives in the mountains of Pennsylvania with my husband of over twenty-one years, my seventeen year old daughter, a herd of dairy goats, chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys, two dogs, two cats, and a partridge in a pear tree. For more info about me and contact links, check out the author bio tab up above.


Enough about me, let`s get back to Wind in White Birch and our lovers Jonah and Dana.




Wind in White Birch

By

V.L. Locey

Issue Twenty-Four

*~*~*


                “If I can just explain before you flay me alive,” I said, meeting those cold black eyes of hers.

                “This should be interesting,” Julia commented coldly, “I’m very anxious to hear your explanation for why you treated Jonah like shit.”

“Now just wait a minute!” I snapped at the woman looking down at me. The breeze blew through the white birch trees, tossing her hair and mine into our faces. “I did not treat him like shit,” I said thumbing some golden hair from my mouth.

“Right,” she scoffed, planted firmly with arms folded tightly. “What happened? Did your little white girl fantasy about being with the big Indian brave go sour when you discovered he wasn`t some cheap ass romance novel hero?!”

“How dare you accuse me of such a thing?!” I gasped, shaken to my very core at her brutally harsh and cutting words. “What`s between Jonah and me has nothing to do with anything like that!”

“Huh, you could have fooled me,” Julia sneered coming down the steps slowly. I held my ground.

“Jules, that’s enough.” We both went rigid at the sharp command when Jonah walked around the side of the lodge carrying some firewood. I turned to look at him. He was just as stunningly handsome as always, even with the firm set of his jaw and those plump lips in a tense line. Light green flannel coat, dark jeans, free flowing hair, and sunlight dappling the sharp angles of his face.  He literally took my breath away. “I think you probably have things to do at home. Thanks for the help.”

                Julia mumbled something that sounded unpleasant in her native tongue. Jonah stalked around us both and entered his dream. I honestly didn`t know what to do. Julia did. She put a finger to my chest and pushed sharply.

                “I`m not sure what kind of game you`re playing, but if my brother comes back to me in the shape he did two weeks ago -”

                “I think you have things to do,” I said. A long moment ticked off second by second. She stormed over to her Jeep and left, never once looking at me or the lodge. That was just as well. I would have hated for her to see me hyperventilating. After my erratic breathing was under control I climbed the steps slowly. At the open doorway I hesitated. Jonah was kneeling by the massive stone hearth adding pungent green pine logs to the fire.

                “Come in, you`re letting all the heat out,” he said without looking at me. I stepped inside and turned to close the wide door softly. Various smells tickled my nose. Varnish, wood smoke, pine, and Jonah`s cologne. “What are you doing up here?”

                “I wanted to-”I cleared my throat. I hated the stiffness between us. “I wanted to talk to you. I missed you,” I said, staring at his wide shoulders covered with silky ebony hair. All I could think of was touching it – touching him. He peeked over his shoulder then laid another fat round log into the flames, his sight going back to the fireplace.

                “You drove all this way just to say that? Why not call?”

                “I didn`t know if you would answer,” I said candidly. “I`m not sure what happened but . . . I`m sorry. I didn`t mean to make you feel as if you weren`t a very important person to Rhett and me,” I hurried to clarify. I could see his shoulders tensing then relaxing as he fiddled with the fire. “This wasn`t all my fault, you know? This fight, you carry some blame too. You never gave me time to explain you just stalked off, Jonah. How is it fair to walk away like that?”

                “It`s not,” he said. I closed my eyes in thanks. “I shouldn`t have left, that was wrong, but I was pissed.”

                “Yeah, it was wrong but I understand. I was hurt and angry too.” I stepped around a fat blue couch done in a western pattern. He stood up and closed the fire screen. It was a lovely thing with two huge bucks facing each other worked into the metal screening. Sparks and sap sizzled and danced behind the deer pawing the ground aggressively. Jonah turned from the fire to look across the room at me. I could not have guessed what he was thinking. The man was quite adept at hiding his emotions.

                “So now what?” he asked. We stared at each other.

                “We both say we`re sorry and you go get my bags?”

                “You`re here for the weekend?”

I nodded.

“Alone?”

I nodded once more.

He seemed to be fastened to that spot. Funny, but my feet were rather reluctant to move too.

“You go first,” he said, the corner of his mouth ticked upward briefly. “Don`t argue, because I got you on the lady before gentleman thing.”

God, he was such a wise ass. “Jonah,” I said looking right into his coal black eyes, “I am sorry.”

“I didn`t want you to apologize,” he grunted and opened his arms. “I wanted you to come over here and let me make it up to you.”

My sticky feet suddenly found freedom. I ran across the spacious lounging area and launched myself at him. He caught me neatly and covered my mouth with his. Ah the taste of him! The feel of his mouth moving over mine! This kiss felt like a nourishing drink after a crawl through a desert. I was parched and I drank greedily, digging my fingernails into his neck and scalp. His tongue moved in sinful sensual ways, slipping into my mouth to explore and then sliding out to tease. My toes began to cramp from standing on them. Jonah`s teeth were moving down my neck, his hands cupping my ass.

“My bedroom is right upstairs,” he huffed beside my ear. That was it. He didn`t push me physically or mentally, he just let me know and then returned to tasting my jugular and massaging my backside.

“Is there a fire lit?” I panted, rubbing myself wantonly against his erection. Raucous spring winds blew outside the stout lodge.

“Don`t worry, I`ll keep you warm.”

Of that I had no doubts.


*~*~*



2 comments:

  1. oooh its really heating up.... NICE

    ReplyDelete
  2. It surely is. Things will be downright steamy . . .

    Thanks for stopping in, Cat!

    ReplyDelete